On 4-6 November 2009 two events supported by tekom association took place at the Rhein-Main-Halls (Wiesbaden, Germany): tcworld conference and tekom Trade Fair exhibition.
Organizers welcomed more than 3 thousand people. Such an impressive number of participants is explicable because the exhibition is a well-known meeting point of software developers, members of national associations of technical writers, scientific organizations and various international organizations, as well as representatives of translation companies. The conference attracts those who want to know all up-to-date trends in the world of technical documentation development, translation, localization and design, who is willing to be the first to know about innovative technologies and solutions for relevant issues.
Our CEO Stanislav Kalenyuk and editor Sergey Ischuk were able to visit both events, participate in several workshops and meet with our regular clients.
The reports on the following subjects were the most interesting:
We have reached our goals: gained knowledge and experience, as well as a baggage of useful information which is now vividly discussed inside our team. But what is more important, we have obtained a more clear vision of the processes in the industry and are now able to make decisions concerning the company's prospects more confidently.
- improving the source text quality and ways to reach its consistency;
- checking the translation for correctness of cultural interpreting;
- introduction to system of feedback for continuous improvement of the quality of translation and vocabulary databases;
- quantitative evaluation of the quality of translation;
- creating a database on the basis of multilingual site processing;
- analyzing the demands for innovative software, e. g. CAT tools;
- working with databases (TMs and glossaries);
- new trends in translation industry.
We are grateful to the event organizers for the support and warm hospitality.